Please be sure to take the survey below to help the new board decide in which direction you would like the club to move in.
Check out our new Online Resources section Here!
Membership Dues are Past Due!
As most of you know Memberships should be renewed at or before the beginning of the year. If you joined CFHB this year and it was after September 2015 then your initial signup covers your for 2016.
Please visit the membership page to renew or sign up.
Florida Beer News Florida's comprehensive beer news website.
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company has a different chocolate for Valentine’s DayPosted by mark on February 12, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Tampa Bay Brewing Company (TBBC) knows that chocolate is a traditional Valentine’s Day gift. This year, the Tampa Bay craft brewery has decided to put a different spin on traditional chocolate, specifically the kind in a bottle. From Tampa Bay … Continue reading &rarr […]
- Good People Brewing hitting Panhandle distribution soonPosted by mark on February 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Good People Brewing of Birmingham, Alabama has announced recently that they will begin distribution in the Florida Panhandle. According to a recent article in the Birmingham Business Journal, Good People Brewing will see distribution in the Florida Panhandle through Goldring … Continue reading &rarr […]
- Orlando Brewing’s Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Pale Ale returnsPosted by mark on February 8, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Press Release: Orlando’s local microbrewery to release Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Pale Ale. This 100% Citra hopped beer was brewed with fresh zest from Uncle Matt’s Organic grapefruit. The combination of hops and peel impart a citrus zing and light … Continue reading &rarr […]
American Homebrewers Association The Community for Homebrewers
- 2 Ways to Make Ginger Extract for BrewingPosted by homebrewersassociation.org on February 11, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Written By Kyle McQuillen and Craig Reavill, R&D Chemists at Treatt There are a number of ways to extract flavors from natural ingredients; the most practical for homebrewers are: Boiling: simmering with sugar to make a sugar syrup extract Hot water soaking Cold water soaking, then pressing Steeping in high ABV spirits Steaming or pressure […] Read More The post 2 Ways to Make Ginger Extract for Brewing appeared first on American Homebrewers Association. […]
- Tuesday Beer Trivia: Historical Beer StylesPosted by homebrewersassociation.org on February 9, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Put your knowledge of the world’s oldest beer styles to the test in this week’s Tuesday Beer Trivia quiz. Beer and the history of humankind have long been intertwined. Where you find the earliest signs of culture, a fermented beer-like beverage is not to be found far behind. Likely many of the oldest fermented drinks similar […] Read More The post Tuesday Beer Trivia: Historical Beer Styles appeared first on American Homebrewers Association. […]
- Ale vs. Lager: What’s the Difference?Posted by homebrewersassociation.org on February 9, 2016 at 3:19 pm
There are a number of misconceptions concerning the differences between ales and lagers. If you were asked to offer blanket statements like “all ales are like this” and “all lagers are like that,” you would be stuck. After all, both ales and lagers can be dark or light, strong or sessionable, hoppy or malty, and so […] Read More The post Ale vs. Lager: What’s the Difference? appeared first on American Homebrewers Association. […]
- 3rd Annual FastRack Speed ChallengePosted by homebrewersassociation.org on February 8, 2016 at 6:37 pm
by FastBrewing 3-2-1 FastRack! Bottles be flyin’ at this years 3rd Annual FastRack Speed Challenge Championships during Homebrew Con in Baltimore, MD. How Can you Get in on the Action? Anyone can participate! It’s the 3rd year of the competition and cialis cost acquire homebrew enthusiasts are gearing up to find the World’s “Fastest Hands”! This challenge is open […] Read More The post 3rd Annual FastRack Speed Challenge appeared first on American Homebrewers Association. […]
- Budweiser: It’s Not A HobbyPosted by homebrewersassociation.org on February 8, 2016 at 5:24 pm
by Gary Glass, American Homebrewers Association Director On Sunday, some 120 million viewers across the United States tuned in to this year’s Super Bowl pitting the Denver Broncos against the Carolina Panthers. During the game, the world’s largest brewer, Anheuser Busch Inbev (ABI), the Belgian-based makers of Budweiser, ran an ad called Not Backing Down, […] Read More The post Budweiser: It’s Not A Hobby appeared first on American Homebrewers Association. […]
Beer in Florida Florida craft beer news and happenings
- Motorworks Brewery lands two medals in Draft Magazine contestPosted by Gerard Walen on February 3, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Motorworks Brewing in Bradenton announced today that it has won two medals in the annual Draft Magazine Best of Craft Beer Awards competition. The magazine bestowed a silver medal on the brewery in the Spiced Beer category for its Midnight … Continue reading → The post Motorworks Brewery lands two medals in Draft Magazine contest appeared first on Beer in Florida. […]
- Tampa Bay Beer Week events begin to trickle inPosted by Gerard Walen on January 21, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Announcements of Tampa Bay Beer Week 2016 events (March 5-15) are beginning to bubble to the surface. The official kickoff each year is the Florida Brewers Guild Craft Beer Festival, which has been held on the waterfront in Tampa the … Continue reading → The post Tampa Bay Beer Week events begin to trickle in appeared first on Beer in Florida. […]
- Florida Craft Beer Bites: Churning for you, and welcome to 2016Posted by Gerard Walen on January 8, 2016 at 11:42 pm
Now that 2016 has had a few days to get acclimated to being a new year, it’s time to return to the weekly news updates. I sincerely hope that everyone had a great holiday season and that this new year … Continue reading → The post Florida Craft Beer Bites: Churning for you, and welcome to 2016 appeared first on Beer in Florida. […]
|Brülosophy| They Who Drink Beer Will Think Beer
- Acorns & Lions | A Brewer’s Perspective On Dogmatic BrewingPosted by Marshall Schott on February 11, 2016 at 12:59 pm
Author: Marshall Schott w/ Josh Weikert I occasionally get asked where the name for this site came from, not so much the Brü- as the -losophy part. It’s really just a play on the online moniker I adopted a few years ago, Brülosopher, which I haphazardly settled on due to its allusion to two things […]
- Fermentation Temperature – Pt. 4: Lager Yeast (Saflager W-34/70) | exBEERiment Results!Posted by Marshall Schott on February 8, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Listen to a discussion of this xBmt and live triangle tests on The Brewing Network’s The Session! Author: Marshall Schott Of all of the xBmt variables tested, the one that has stumped me the most and had me scratching my head in confusion has been fermentation temperature. I allowed myself to be convinced by fellow skeptics that the non-significant result […]
- Brü’s Views w/ Drew Beechum | On Favorite Brewing UpgradesPosted by Marshall Schott on February 4, 2016 at 12:59 pm
When a homebrewer hits the web in search of ways to make better beer, it’s basically guaranteed they’ll discover numerous recommendations to control fermentation temperatures and make yeast starters. Despite a few xBmt results failing to support the seemingly obvious importance of these variables, all of us contributors still ferment our beer in temp controlled chambers and […]