The entry window has closed, entries are collected, sorted and labeled. Judging start on Sunday May 29, 2016 at Red Cypress Brewery and will continue through June 18, 2016.
Sunshine Challenge Judging is complete!
Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen
Please RSVP to the Awards Brunch with will be held on Sunday June 26th at 11am.
Check out our new Online Resources section Here!
Want to join or renew with CFHB?
Check out our Membership Center and sign up or renew today!
Please visit the membership page to renew or sign up.
Florida Beer News Florida's comprehensive beer news website.
- How Florida’s beer industry is working to become more eco-friendlyPosted by mark on June 21, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Guest post: In 2014, the beer industry as a whole contributed $252.6 billion dollars to the United States economy—that’s twice the contribution of the wine industry. With such a huge impact on the economy, what kind of impression are beer … Continue reading &rarr […]
- Motorworks Brewing brews a beer with only Florida-grown hopsPosted by mark on June 15, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Press Release: Motorworks Brewing became the second commercial brewery to brew a beer with Florida-Grown wet hops. The hops were hand-harvested in the Tampa Bay area on independent grower Matt Harper’s farm in Riverview, locally-grown, pesticide-free Cascade hops star in … Continue reading &rarr […]
- Barrel of Monks to release Grand Cru and Father ChristmasPosted by mark on June 15, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Barrel of Monks Brewing in Boca Raton is on the eve of releasing two bottles of big beers in the next few weeks. Brewery staff teases these releases in the most recent newsletter. From Barrel of Monks: June 16th- Grand … Continue reading &rarr […]
|Brülosophy| They Who Drink Beer Will Think Beer
- Short & Shoddy – Pt. 3 | Homebrew Conned!Posted by Marshall Schott on June 23, 2016 at 11:56 am
Authors: Marshall Schott & Malcolm Frazer When Malcolm and I learned our Homebrew Con seminar submission was approved, we began poring over how to approach serving beer. The obvious choice was to perform a blind triangle test with the audience, but the logistics of organizing such a tasting with so many people forced to consider […]
- The Gelatin Effect – Pt. 6: Impact On A Northeast-Style Pale Ale | exBEERiment Results!Posted by Marshall Schott on June 20, 2016 at 11:56 am
Author: Marshall Schott Brewer: Ed Coffey I began pondering my plans for Homebrew Con a few months ago and quickly realized traveling across the country with beer wouldn’t be very practical. This was right around the time we published the Brü’s Views article on hazy beer, which provoked a friendly conversation between Ales Of The […]
- 9 Lessons From Homebrew Con 2016Posted by Marshall Schott on June 16, 2016 at 11:56 am
Authors: Marshall Schott & Malcolm Frazer I started writing this article from the Dallas/Fort Worth airport, just over 2 hours of sleep in the prior 24 hours due to delays, missed flights, and a shitty airline. What was supposed to be a 45 minute layover turned into a lonely night in an awkward and surprisingly […]