Sunshine Challenge 2018
We are getting geared up for this years Sunshine Challenge 2018 and so should you! Below are the dates that we have setup.
- Entry window: 5/1 – 5/22
- Judging window 6/1 – 6/30, all judging to be completed and awards entered into Reggie by 6/30.
- Judging Registration is now open. Please register through ReggieBeer.com to sign up for Judging or Stewarding sessions.
- Awards Ceremony will be July 1st - Ocean Sun Brewing 11am - 2pm. Catering by Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ!
- Cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Buy tickets by clicking the link above.
- Cap set at 300 units; Entry cost $8 each
- Limit 2 entries per person for the first 2 weeks then open as needed to fill cap
- Entries will be open to all BJCP categories.
Guidelines and Information
This year’s competition will follow the 2015 BJCP’s Guidelines for sanctioned competitions and will be part of the Florida Circuit. Entries will be accepted from all BJCP Beer, Mead, and Cider Style Categories =; categories may be collapsed as necessary.
Entries will be evaluated based on the 2015 BJCP guidelines. The competition organizers and judges may enter the competition. Judges may not judge categories in which they have submitted entries. All entries must have been brewed at home. Entries brewed at commercial establishments, including brew-on-premises, shops, schools, etc. are ineligible.
Per Entrant Limits
No more than five entries per brewer / brewing team. No more than two entries per sub-category can be submitted by any brewer / brewing team. Total entries for this year’s competition will be capped at 300.
Your registration is not committed until payment is received. The competition fee is $8 per entry. Payment will be accepted exclusively through PayPal via the online entry system (Reggie). No refunds will be permitted after a registered entry is paid for. Entries received with checks will not be entered into the competition.
All Beer entries must be in 10-12 oz. brown or green glass. No bottles with ink, name-brand lettering (i.e. Corona), or glued or taped on paper labels. Raised NO DEPOSIT, brand names, or manufacturing codes are acceptable. Beers must be capped with crown caps. Meads & Ciders may be entered in 6 to 12 oz bottles. Grolsch-type swing tops are acceptable for meads and ciders. No 22 ounce bombers, 750 ml bottles or plastic bottles are permitted. Bottles not meeting these requirements will be disqualified.
An entry consists of 3 bottles. If you choose to submit less than 3 bottles, you must mention the number of bottles in the comments when registering. Submitting two bottles will make the entry ineligible for Best of Show.
Kathleen Plyter 1461 La Paloma Circle, Winter Springs, FL 32708
Hearts Home Brew 6190 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32810
Orlando Homebrew Supplies 2230 Curry Ford Rd, Orlando, FL 32806